Chris will be helping out behind the scenes (and a little in front of the scenes) at the Oct VA Comicon.
Denny O’Neil and Joe Staton appear at the VA Comicon by generous introduction grated by Chris’ publishing house, the Drawn Word.
A writer, actor, and popular culture historian in Richmond, Virginia, my most recent book, Leaping Tall Buildings: The Origins of American Comics (powerHouse books), with photographer Seth Kushner and designer Eric Skillman, chronicles the history of the American comic book through photos and interview-based essays on creators new and old. With a focus on the American comic book, I’ve authored four books and several magazine articles on the topic, edited the digital comics magazine The Drawn Word, and currently serve as Consulting Editor on Comic Book Creator Magazine.
My philosophy is a simple one: I love comic books and pop culture, so much that I’ve accumulated a ridiculous amount of knowledge on both over the years. In sharing it through my writing, it’s not just my desire, but my obligation to make it accessible to anyone who wants to learn. It’s all amazing stuff, and I can’t imagine missing out on any chance to spread the love of pop culture.
As an actor, I’ve appeared in productions such as Turn: Washington’s Spies (AMC), Killer Kids, and The Revolution. Currently, I am writing historical documentary scripts for Lionheart Film Works, and writing/co-producing/co-directing the seven-part documentary series Monsters Among Us. Learn more at: http://www.christopherirving.com/
- Short Bio:Comic Book Historian!
- January 27, 2019, 13:00 FAIRFAX, VA! Comicon & Toy Show!
- January 27, 2019, 08:00 FAIRFAX, VA! Comicon & Toy Show!
- October 29, 2016, 10:00 Richmond, VA Comicon Oct 29-30, 2016!
- June 25, 2016, 12:00-12:55 Richmond, VA Comicon June 25, 2016!
- February 6, 2016, 14:00 Richmond, VA Comicon Feb 6, 2016!
- February 6, 2016, 10:00 Richmond, VA Comicon Feb 6, 2016!